The New Raw is a design studio and research firm based in Rotterdam and it is also the mind behind the 'Print Your City' initiative. It launched the first-ever zero Waste Lab in Greece and the lab features a 3D printing robot arm for visitors to bring their recyclables and create something. The New Raw takes traditional household plastic waste to create furniture for outdoor environments, specifically public settings set in Greece's Thessaloniki. The original designs were printed during summer of last year and it features seats and planters to fully adopt the eco-friendly concept.
Last month, Hanth Park hosted the first Print Your City event where visitors could assist in choosing the furniture's structure and color. They were also able to participate in the creation of bike parking and water bowls for dogs to play a role in their own public space. When a design is selected, the initiative announces how much needs to be recycled to make the designs possible.
Image Credit: Stefanos Tsakiris
The New Raw Launched the First Zero Waste Lab in Greece
1. Zero Waste Initiatives - Companies can explore creating zero waste labs and utilizing recyclable materials to create new products and furniture.
2. 3D Printing in Sustainable Fashion - The use of 3D printing in creating eco-friendly designs for furniture and fashion industries can disrupt the traditional manufacturing process.
3. Crowdsourced and Customized Design - Allowing consumers to participate in the design process of products like furniture can lead to innovative designs and better engagement with the brand.
1. Furniture Industry - Companies in this industry can explore utilizing recyclable materials and 3D printing to create eco-friendly and customizable furniture designs.
2. Sustainability Consulting Industry - Consulting companies can help businesses in various industries implement zero waste initiatives and sustainable practices in their manufacturing processes.
3. 3D Printing Industry - Companies in this industry can focus on developing technology and materials that can be used for eco-friendly product and furniture design using 3D printing.