The Line, The Arch, The Circle and The Square is the name of a solo exhibition that will be exploring those very same geometrical terms through the design of furniture. A platonically pure line created by Ron Gilad, an artist born in Tel Aviv and based in New York City, these elementary shapes particularly address concepts such as the 'Birth of a Chair' among others.
Debuting at the Dilmos gallery during design week in Milan, The Line, The Arch, The Circle and The Square solo exhibition revolves around this geometric motif through the use of spare lines and simple shapes that are employed in rather quirky ways. For instance, a rolled out carpet graces the front of a tiny mouse hole while a giant hand mirror rests against a wall.
The Line, The Arch, The Circle and The Square Exhibit is Geometric
1. Geometric Design - Exploring elementary shapes in furniture design with concepts such as the 'Birth of a Chair'.
2. Minimalist Furniture - Employment of simple shapes and spare lines in quirky and unconventional ways.
3. Functional Art - Integrating art and design to create exhibit pieces that serve both aesthetic and practical purposes.
1. Furniture Design - Innovation opportunities to explore minimalism and geometry into furniture design.
2. Art Exhibition - Expanding upon functional art exhibitions that showcase unconventional design concepts.
3. Interior Design - Use of geometric furniture in minimalistic designs, to create aesthetically pleasing yet functional home and office spaces.