Fear of the dark is a common phobia among children, which is why designers Terry Sachetti and Aaron Bible created the 'Force Field Cloak' -- an inventive tool that offers frightened children more confidence.
Essentially, the Force Field Cloak is a colorful, seemingly magical blanket, which parents can gift to children who struggle to sleep through the night. The blanket serves as not only a comforting nightlight, but an imaginary "force field" that monsters can't penetrate.
No, this device isn't dangerous, but it does help a child sleep soundly by offering perceived protection against any monsters. The Force Field Cloak features a non-toxic glow-in-the-dark ink that charges by exposure to natural light -- a full charge only takes about 10 minutes, promising a glow which will last eight to 10 hours.
The Force Field Cloak Was Made for Children Afraid of the Dark
1. Fear of the Dark Solutions - The Force Field Cloak has created a new market of monster-fighting blankets that solve a common issue of fear of the dark in children.
2. Innovative Nightlights - Designers are exploring new ways of utilizing nightlights as a tool to alleviate children's nighttime anxieties such as fear of the dark.
3. Personalized Sleep Accessories - Sleep-inducing products like the Force Field Cloak create a market for tailored products that cater to a child's nighttime needs and fears.
1. Children's Bedding and Accessories - Innovative solutions such as the Force Field Cloak create opportunities for businesses in the children's bedding and accessories market to offer personalized sleep aids.
2. Nightlight and Lighting Industry - Companies in the nightlight and lighting industry can explore new innovative methods for utilizing lighting as a tool to alleviate childhood fears.
3. Technology and Toy Industry - Creative monster-fighting blankets like the Force Field Cloak offer opportunities for tech and toy companies to create customizable sleep accessories that cater to a child's individual needs.