To me thinking of camping food brings on images of dehydrated space style food with ice cream being the most exciting thing on offer. However, Swiss-based company Katadyn have begun to change all of that with the ultimate in convenience food. The World's first cheese burger in a tin!
All the food the company produces have to only need water to prepare and have a shelf life of twelve months with no cooling. I love the cheese burger concept but must admit I am more taken with their dehydrated red wine which - when reconstituted - has a alcoholic content of 9.27% with a matching mulled wine available for expeditions on the cold.
Junk Food With 12 Month Shelf Life
1. Convenience Food Innovation - Opportunity for companies to develop and market convenient food options that require minimal preparation and have a long shelf life.
2. Dehydrated Food Revolution - Potential for businesses to explore the development of dehydrated food products that can be reconstituted with water, offering a lightweight and space-saving alternative for camping and outdoor activities.
3. Alcohol in Non-liquid Form - Disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to create and market dehydrated or powdered alcoholic beverages, providing convenient options for outdoor enthusiasts and travelers.
1. Food and Beverage - Companies in the food and beverage industry can explore new product development in the area of convenient, long-lasting food options for camping and outdoor activities.
2. Camping and Outdoor Gear - Opportunity for manufacturers and retailers of camping and outdoor gear to expand their product offerings with dehydrated food options that cater to the needs of outdoor enthusiasts.
3. Alcohol and Beverage - Innovative opportunity for alcoholic beverage companies to venture into the development and production of dehydrated or powdered alcoholic drinks, targeting the outdoor adventure market.