Those wishing their skateboard came with a motor of some sort can rejoice at the invention of the Boosted Board. Founded through a Kickstarter campaign, the Boosted Board offers skaters the chance to ride an entirely electrical board.
The Boosted Board is described by its creators as being "the world's lightest electric vehicle." This fun motorized skateboard creatively combines speed, portability and agility all into one fun design. The Boosted Board comes with 2000-watts of power allowing you to travel up to 20-mph. Users can charge their board in less than 90 minutes and enjoy playing around with the wireless remote that allows you to break and throttle the board. Despite the addition of a motor the Boosted Board only weighs a mere 15-pounds.
The Boosted Board Turns a Push Skateboard into a Motorized Ride
1. Electric Skateboards - The Boosted Board is just the beginning of a new market for lightweight electric transportation devices.
2. Wireless Control Technology - The wireless remote control included with the Boosted Board represents a new trend towards greater control and convenience in personal transportation devices.
3. Portability and Agility - The Boosted Board showcases a trend towards lightweight, portable, and easy-to-use personal transportation devices that prioritize agility and fun over practicality.
1. Sports and Recreation - The sports and recreation industry has an opportunity to innovate by incorporating electric motors and wireless control technology into existing products like skateboards and bicycles.
2. Personal Transportation - The Boosted Board is just the beginning of a new industry focused on lightweight, electric personal transportation devices that prioritize agility and fun over practicality.
3. Green Technology - The trend towards lightweight electric transportation devices like the Boosted Board presents an opportunity for the green technology industry to develop more efficient, eco-friendly methods of personal transportation.