The Adventurists is a United Kingdom-based company in the business of giving people the chance to create stories, not just memories. As written on the homepage of its website, "Your chances of being seriously injured or dying as a result of taking part are high. Individuals who have taken part in the past have been permanently disfigured, seriously disabled or lost their life."
Embodying the spirit of 'The Hangover' and other similar comedies, The Adventurists ensures that people experience a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. Founder Tom Morgan perfectly explains the draw of The Adventurists, "Mostly people just want bragging rights, because either way our experiences are probably not contributing to the sum of human knowledge through an anthropological study. What flicks my switches is the amount of trouble you get into. On a luxury holiday you won't get lost or not know if you will have all your limbs in the morning."
The Adventurists Provide Adrenaline-Pumping Experiences for Clients
1. Danger Tourism - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in adventure tourism by offering inherently risky experiences.
2. Extreme Experience Economy - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the experience economy by offering adrenaline-pumping experiences.
3. Survivalist Travel - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the travel industry by offering survivalist experiences in harsh environments.
1. Adventure Tourism - Adventure tourism companies can leverage the trend of danger-focused travel services to offer experiences with an element of risk.
2. Experience Economy - Businesses in the experience economy can leverage the extreme experience trend to offer unique and memorable experiences.
3. Survivalist Training - Companies offering survivalist training and gear can capitalize on the trend of survivalist travel by positioning themselves as experts in the field.