Turkish-American designer Eda Yorulmazoğlu's textile creatures hover the line between bizarre fashion and wearable sculptures. Some ensembles boast horror movie-esque silhouettes like the all pink outfit that features a dismorphed tonal mask with holes, from which the model's blond hair is threaded. Other designs, such as the seaweed-inspired character, built on absurdism. In her artist statement Eda Yorulmazoğlu reveals that her textile creatures are meant to "distract people from their everyday lives" and "bring them back to a time of innocence and purity."
Each wearable artwork is a member of the progressive fantastical family. Celebrating imagination, acceptance, absurd shapes and vibrant colors, the textile creatures by Eda Yorulmazoğlu are a blank canvas for the audience, who can construct an imaginative narrative of personal characteristics, quirks and detailed histories.
Photo Credits: Hi-Fructose
Eda Yorulmazoğlu Creates Bizarre Fashion Sculptures with Textile
1. Wearable Sculptures - Disruptive innovation opportunities could include exploring new materials and technologies to push the boundaries of wearable art and fashion.
2. Fantastical Fashion - There is potential for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry by incorporating imaginative and playful elements into clothing designs.
3. Textile Artistry - Exploring innovative textile techniques and artistic expressions can create new opportunities for disruptive innovation in the field of textile production and design.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry can benefit from disruptive innovation by embracing unconventional and imaginative approaches in creating textile sculptures and wearable art.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage disruptive innovation by embracing unique and whimsical designs that blur the lines between clothing and art, creating new fashion trends.
3. Textile Production - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in the textile production industry by exploring unconventional techniques and materials to create innovative textiles for fashion and art.