This textile art is by talented artist Kätlin Lõbu, who is based in Tartu, Estonia. Estonia is a small country, but Lõbu shows it has some big talent. The images in the gallery are from a workshop that Lõbu did. By photographing this textile art, she gave the rugs depth and seriousness not normally associated with flooring.
Textile art is a cheap yet expressive way to spread a message. For more of Lõbu’s art, check out her portfolio on Coroflot.
Estonian Artist Katlin Lobu Makes a Statement With Loosely Looped Rugs
1. Textile Art - Exploring the use of textiles as a medium for artistic expression can lead to innovative ways of spreading messages.
2. Photography in Art - Incorporating photography into textile art can create a new and impactful visual experience.
3. Art as a Storytelling Tool - Using art, like Lõbu's rugs, to convey depth and evoke emotions opens up opportunities for storytelling through different mediums.
1. Art - The art industry can benefit from embracing textile art as a form of expression and storytelling.
2. Interior Design - Incorporating unique and expressive rugs into interior design can create bold and impactful spaces.
3. Home Decor - The home decor industry can capitalize on the popularity of textile art to offer unique and meaningful products for consumers.