To kick off its Cross-Canada plan, Wind Mobile's 'Freedom to Connect' telecom marketing campaign shows how easy it is to keep in touch with loved ones who are far away without breaking the bank, especially during the holiday season. The campaign includes a social component and a contest, where Wind customers can make the most of their data plans by snapping photos of their favorite places in Canada and sharing them to Twitter and Instagram with the #WINDnation tag. Contest winners will receive a Via Rail train ticket to journey from Vancouver to Toronto, as well as a Wind Mobile prize pack.
This video for the campaign shows a child who got her hands on her dad's phone as they are making a long family road trip cross-country. Even though the girl uploads multiple photos to social media and frequently browses the Internet, her parents are not phased because of the safety net their data plan provides.
This Telecom Marketing Campaign Shows Using Cellular Data Without Fear
1. Telecom Marketing Campaigns - Disruptive innovation opportunity for telecom companies to create marketing campaigns that highlight affordable and unlimited mobile data plans.
2. Social Media Contests - Opportunity for brands to engage customers through social media contests where they can showcase their products or services.
3. Affordable Data Plans - Opportunity for telecom companies to offer affordable data plans that allow customers to stay connected without breaking the bank.
1. Telecommunications - Disruptive innovation opportunity for telecom companies to create marketing campaigns that highlight affordable and unlimited mobile data plans.
2. Social Media - Opportunity for brands to use social media platforms to engage customers through contests and giveaways.
3. Travel and Tourism - Opportunity for travel companies to collaborate with telecom companies and offer travel packages as part of social media contests.