All of the tech talk and social media jargon that has penetrated the English language has served to change the previously accepted definitions of many common words as pointed out in the 'Technically Speaking' infographic by Lebara Mobile.
First and foremost, the chart looks at endangered tech terms that could potentially disappear forever; even terms as simple as "click" may no longer be used due to the rise of touch-screen devices. Then there are the words whose meanings have changed altogether such as "piracy" and "thread," demonstrating a new mode of technologically-integrated cultural thought.
Finally, the 'Technically Speaking' infographic predicts future terminology with a focus on up-and-coming tech products and services that will become everyday necessities.
The 'Technically Speaking' Infographic Explores Changing Words
1. Endangered Tech Terms - The rise of touch-screen devices could eliminate previously common tech terms like 'click,' presenting opportunities for new terminology or ways of interaction.
2. Changed Meanings - The evolving meanings of words like 'piracy' and 'thread' reflect the growing influence of technology on cultural thought, paving the way for innovative interpretations or concepts.
3. Future Terminology Predictions - Anticipating the need for new words and phrases, the infographic highlights upcoming tech products and services that will shape everyday language, creating room for disruptive innovations.
1. Technology - The evolving tech landscape opens doors for innovative companies to define and popularize new tech terms, driving market disruption.
2. Communication - As technology redefines how we communicate, there is an opportunity for businesses to develop new language frameworks or platforms that reflect our changing modes of interaction.
3. Media and Entertainment - The shifting meanings of terms like 'piracy' create an avenue for media and entertainment companies to reimagine content distribution models or combat intellectual property challenges.