The Tech Challenge for Atrocity Prevention, a joint partnership between USAID and Humanity United, is an initiative that aims to spotlight the great work that various organizations around the world are doing to end injustice. As winners of the challenge, these businesses “sought new and innovative ways to better identify, spotlight, and deter intentional or unintentional third-party enablers of atrocities (e.g. non-state actors such as multinational corporations, financial institutions or those who provide logistical support).”
The categories up for evaluation are ‘enablers,’ ‘capture,’ ‘model,’ ‘communicate’ and ‘alert,’ all of which in their own way contribute to helping bring justice across the globe. Check out thw website for the businesses that won each of these challenges and that you should keep your eye on.
Tech Challenge for Atrocity Prevention Website
Humanity United on Twitter
Humanity United on Facebook
USAID on Twitter
USAID on Facebook
The Tech Challenge for Atrocity Prevention Finds Leaders
1. Atrocity Prevention - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop technologies and strategies to better identify and deter enablers of atrocities.
2. Innovative Justice Solutions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create new ways to bring justice across the globe through innovative models and approaches.
3. Tech-driven Social Impact - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Harness the power of technology to address social challenges and make a positive impact.
1. Human Rights - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize technology and partnerships to advance human rights and prevent atrocities.
2. Social Justice - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative solutions to address social injustices and promote equality.
3. Technology Consultancy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Provide consulting services to help organizations leverage technology for social impact and justice.