Over the past year, some truly amazing Kinect hacks have made their way across the Internet, but even with all the top-notch innovations out there, this particular mod by Taylor Veltrop still takes the cake.
The video features Taylor Veltrop using a modded Kinect controller to manipulate the movements of a tiny robot. And while the robot still has difficulty completely mimicking human motion, it is still undeniably an interesting piece of work.
Implications - The recent innovation of stereoscopic cameras capable of charting your body has led to even more impressive creations such as controller-free video games, identification software and Star Trek-like interfacing. As different scientific disciplines intersect more often, researchers capable of synthesizing established technologies to mold newer ones will not only attract the interest of older customers, but newcomers too.
Taylor Veltrop Brings a Robot to Life With Kinect Technology
1. Kinect Hacks - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the potential of using Kinect technology in various industries for innovative applications.
2. Controller-free Interfacing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new ways of interacting with technology by eliminating the need for physical controllers.
3. Synthesizing Technologies - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine established technologies to create new and innovative solutions.
1. Gaming - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate Kinect technology into gaming for a more immersive and interactive experience.
2. Healthcare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize Kinect technology in healthcare for motion tracking and rehabilitation purposes.
3. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implement Kinect technology in retail stores for interactive product displays and customer engagement.