If you've used a taxi app like Uber or Hailo, you will be familiar with the credits one can get if you refer others. Cab hailing company Taxi Magic is using their app to do the same thing, but the newest iOS version uses iBeacon so you can broadcast your referral code to people near you.
This use of beacon technology essentially turns you into a walking advertisement for the people who have downloaded the taxi app, but have never hailed a cab using the mobile application before. You can beam your coupon out to these people and they get a discount on their first ride. And should they choose to use the app to order a car, you get a $10 credit.
Will this become the next Facebook Farmville requests? Only time will tell.
This Taxi App Lets You Broadcast Your Referral Code to Those Around You
1. Referral Code Broadcasting - The use of beacon technology to broadcast referral codes to people nearby presents an opportunity for businesses to increase brand awareness and acquire new customers.
2. Mobile App Credits - The trend of offering credits or discounts through mobile apps for referring others can incentivize customers to promote a brand and drive user acquisition.
3. Location-based Advertising - The use of beacon technology to target and engage potential customers in proximity presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for mobile advertising and marketing.
1. Ride-hailing Services - Beacon technology can be leveraged by ride-hailing services to encourage current users to refer others and attract new customers.
2. Mobile Advertising - The adoption of beacon technology in mobile advertising can revolutionize how brands target and engage consumers in real-time based on their location.
3. Social Media Gaming - Integrating referral code broadcasting and gamification elements into social media gaming apps can drive user engagement and acquisition.