The Taichung, Taiwan Convention Center, designed by MAD Architects out of Beijing, is an eco-friendly architectural marvel that resembles volcanoes and is equipped with 'breathable skin'.
The 'skin' will ventilate the convention center as well as generate solar energy. The Taichung, Taiwan Convention Center will provide the city with a new landmark that will attract visitors and simultaneously promote a sustainably green environment.
Implications - Modern architecture has gone beyond the stones and bricks that once occupied traditional structures. Sleek designs are great, but with the eco-conscious consumer base growing, architects are transitioning into designing "green" buildings to add to their already impressive resume of contemporary aesthetics. The combination of new design with an environmental approach will have consumers enjoying a structure that reflects both their generation and their lifestyle.
Taichung, Taiwan Convention Center to Have Solar-Eco Skin
1. Eco-architecture - As consumers become more environmentally conscious, there is a growing trend in designing buildings that are both aesthetically pleasing and eco-friendly.
2. Breathable Skin - The concept of breathable skin in architectural design offers opportunities to improve ventilation and generate alternative energy sources.
3. Sustainable Landmarks - Architects can create sustainable landmarks, like the Taichung Convention Center, that attract visitors and promote eco-friendly values.
1. Architecture - As the demand for eco-friendly buildings increases, architects can develop innovative sustainable designs to meet the needs of clients and consumers.
2. Renewable Energy - The 'breathable skin' in architecture creates opportunities for the renewable energy industry through the use of solar or wind energy generation.
3. Tourism - Sustainable landmarks can become tourist attractions that draw visitors interested in eco-tourism or sustainable development.