There is something very sculptural about the System 1-2-3 chair. In fact, it actually looks like a single, beautiful brushstroke on a white canvas. Originally designed back in 1973, this revamped piece of furniture still has a bit of a retro flair that will nevertheless fit nicely in contemporary homes.
Designed by Verner Panton, the System 1-2-3 chair is being reproduced by Danish manufacturer Verpan, a company that, until now, was only known for their superior lighting fixtures. These chairs will boast new materials, including foam rubber for increased sitting comfort and to ensure a tight and even upholstering.
Decorative and practical, the System 1-2-3 chair is available in four colors: Devina-Melange 971 Green, Verpan, Black 1001, Brown Leather and Savanne 322.
These System 1-2-3 Chairs are Simplistic and Chic
1. Retro Furniture - Expanding on the popularity of retro designs in contemporary homes, companies can create modern furniture pieces with a nostalgic flair.
2. Revamped Design - Designers can take inspiration from iconic furniture designs and update them with new materials and enhanced comfort.
3. Sculptural Aesthetic - Furniture manufacturers can explore sculptural designs that serve as functional art pieces in interior decor.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers can capitalize on the demand for unique, retro-inspired furniture pieces by offering revamped designs with modern materials.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can incorporate sculptural furniture pieces with a retro aesthetic to add an artistic element to contemporary spaces.
3. Home Decor Retail - Home decor retailers can curate a selection of retro and revamped furniture designs to cater to the growing interest in nostalgic and unique interior decor.