I can't recall the appearance of the doorknobs of in Rivendell in the Lord of the Rings movies but the Symbiosis Door Handle looks as though it would have fit in perfectly with the ornate film set. Designer Niccolò Casas began with a lever-style of latch opener in an elegant burnished metal that he embellished with an intricate embossed pattern to improve its aesthetics and, practically speaking, its facility to be gripped.
The sinuous twisted and intertwined pattern across the Symbiosis Door Handle looks splendidly organic like tangled vines. The natural association is certainly correct but the designer's concept incorporates a microorganism as the subject. Taking an abstractly insectile form, the motif explores the notion of the parasite and host relationship using the tangible analogy of ornamentation and object.
The Symbiosis Door Handle Entwines Ornamentation with a Practical Form
1. Ornate Door Handles - Designing ornate door handles using motifs and intricate patterns to improve aesthetics and functionality.
2. Organic Forms - Incorporating organic forms in the design of door handles to create a unique and eye-catching look.
3. Abstract Motifs - Using abstract motifs in door handle designs to create a sense of intrigue and meaning.
1. Interior Design - Incorporating unique door handle designs in interior design to enhance the overall look and feel of a space.
2. Architecture - Utilizing intriguing door handle designs to add character and style to building facades.
3. Home Décor - Creating a market for unique and eye-catching door handle designs in the home decor industry.