Swoovy is a new dating app based in Austin, developed to connect online users together through local volunteering opportunities. It breaches the conventional dating concepts and drives towards more of a social good focus. It tracks volunteer events in order to match up individuals who are interested in different causes.
Users set up their Swoovy apps like traditional dating apps -- choosing their preferred gender, height, age, and more components. They can then connect with other users on the platform by liking up to three potential matches daily. Additionally, users also have the liberty to mark their interest in specific volunteering events. CEO Brooke Waupsh states that "Swoovy stands out from the crowd because it gives daters an instant connection to talk about while they are volunteering. Even if the date doesn’t go well, Swoovy users won’t feel like they wasted their time because they’re helping a local organization."
Swoovy Matches Users Together for Volunteer Opportunities
1. Social Impact Dating Apps - Developing dating apps that connect users through social impact and volunteering events.
2. Volunteer Matching Platforms - Developing platforms that connect volunteers based on similar interests and causes.
3. Combining Social Good and Dating - Innovating by combining social impact and dating to create more meaningful connections.
1. Online Dating Industry - Creating partnerships with volunteer organizations to offer users unique experiences and differentiate from competitors.
2. Nonprofit Industry - Innovation through partnerships with dating apps and platforms to attract a wider audience and increase engagement in volunteer events.
3. Social Impact Industry - Developing technology that enables people to easily give their time or resources to social impact causes and connect with like-minded individuals.