Keeping pace with the rise in connected retail technology, 'FaceCake Marketing Technologies' has released an app called 'Swivel Selfie' that can act as a virtual fitting room.
Swivel Selfie is an augmented reality app that allows users to virtually try-on different products with nothing more than a mirror and their smartphone. This means that users will be able to see how an item will look on their own image without the need to hunt down their size or even enter a dressing room. The technology can be used in stores to access and visualize items across different departments. The app can also be used to provide personal recommendations, share looks and even make purchases.
The virtual dressing room app ultimately uses virtual reality to maximize product visualization and give consumers a more personalized shopping experience.
The 'Swivel Selfie' Made Its Debut at CES 2016
1. Connected Retail Technology - The rise in connected retail technology presents disruptive innovation opportunities in creating virtual fitting rooms for customers to try-on products without the need for physical dressing rooms.
2. Augmented Reality Shopping - Augmented reality shopping apps like 'Swivel Selfie' offer opportunities to enhance the visual and interactive shopping experience, allowing users to virtually try-on products and make purchases.
3. Personalized Shopping Experience - Virtual dressing room apps like 'Swivel Selfie' enable retailers to provide personalized recommendations and targeted offers to customers based on their preferences and previous purchases.
1. Retail - The retail industry can integrate virtual dressing room apps into their brick-and-mortar stores to enhance the shopping experience and increase sales.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage virtual dressing room apps to showcase their collections in a more interactive and engaging way, allowing users to try-on products virtually.
3. Technology - The technology industry can continue to innovate and develop virtual reality and augmented reality technologies to create more immersive and realistic virtual dressing room experiences.