In anticipation of National Donut Day in June, IKEA created a Swedish meatball donut as a sweet and savory treat that can only be found at one location. Ohio's Butler County is home to an official 80-mile Donut Trail that consists of 13 mom-and-pop donut shops.
IKEA West Chester partnered with Travel Butler County to create a treat that will drive people to a new destination. The meatball donuts will exclusively be offered, for free, at the West Chester IKEA location while supplies last on June 3rd and 4th. The light and fluffy donut is topped with lingonberry glaze, lingonberry sauce and a meatball or plant-based alternative.
Also on the Donut Trail, there are donuts that feature everything from fried cream cheese and s'mores to jalapeño cheddar fritters.
IKEA Created a Special Sweet Treat in Honor of National Donut Day
1. Savory Sweets - Creating sweets with savory flavors as a new taste trend.
2. Collaborative Marketing - Partnering with other organizations or destinations for co-branded products.
3. Donut Tourism - Developing new tourism concepts around donut shops or trails.
1. Food and Beverage - Creating fusion foods that deliver unforgettable taste experiences.
2. Retail - Partnering with tourism organizations and destinations for mutually beneficial promotions.
3. Tourism - Developing unique themed trails that attract visitors to explore local communities.