I've always liked paint swatches, which makes these paint swatch clocks a natural fit for my home decor. Colin Roberts designed the clocks. A great thing about the design (though not so great for Roberts' wallet) is that anyone could make this design. Well, maybe not anyone, but certainly anyone with some design sense and dexterity.
The paint swatch clocks are fun and colorful. They're especially great when hung up next to each other.
Implications - Consumers are no longer satisfied by the simplistic functionality of a product -- rather, they desire products that have unique designs. These alternative designs create incentive for buying the product. This clock may not be the most practical or functional but businesses that are looking to gain may learn something from its success by considering to use more out-of-the box designs.
Designer Colin Roberts Makes Clocks from Paint Swatches
1. Unique Design Products - Consumers desire products with unique designs, creating incentives for purchasing.
2. Out-of-the-box Designs - The success of this clock suggests that businesses should consider using more out-of-the-box designs to attract customers.
3. Alternative Functionality - Consumers are looking for products that offer alternative functionality, not just simplicity and practicality.
1. Home Decor - The paint swatch clock is a unique addition to the home decor industry, offering consumers a fun and colorful way to tell time.
2. Design and Art - The clock's design highlights the potential for innovation within the design and art industry, where alternative and unique designs can capture consumer attention.
3. Retail - Retailers can learn from the success of this clock by incorporating more out-of-the-box designs to attract customers and differentiate themselves from competitors.