Veja already offers an impressive collection of sustainable sneaker styles that are vegan and the brand is preparing to add a new design called Urca to its Fall/Winter 2020 collection, which drops in August. The sneakers boast a sleek white silhouette, 100% organic cotton laces and a form that's constructed from a biodegradable material made from waxed canvas and 50% corn waste repurposed from food industry by-products.
This new sneaker style, available in six different colorways, may seem familiar to fans of the brand who recognize details similar to the brand's classic V-12 leather trainers. In fact, the Urca sneakers represent a vegan version of the popular sneaker style.
Currently, the brand has over 45 vegan sneakers in its portfolio, which makes about one in three of its products plant-based.
Image Credit: Veja
Veja's Urca Sustainable Sneaker Style Repurposes Food Industry Waste
1. Sustainable Sneaker Styles - Opportunity to develop more sneaker styles using sustainable materials and repurposed waste.
2. Vegan Footwear - Possibility of creating more vegan versions of popular sneaker styles.
3. Repurposing Food Industry Waste - Potential for repurposing waste from the food industry to create innovative products.
1. Footwear - The footwear industry can explore sustainable materials and vegan options in their product offerings.
2. Sustainable Fashion - Opportunities for the fashion industry to incorporate sustainable practices and repurpose waste into their designs.
3. Food Industry - The food industry can explore ways to repurpose waste and by-products to create new products and reduce waste.