MADE-BY Track & Trace is an affiliate labeling system that allows consumers to follow the manufacturing trail of their clothes. The brands affiliated with Amsterdam-based MADE-BY endeavor to encourage sustainable and ethical production practices, like using organic raw materials and providing good working conditions, in the fashion industry.
Site-available scorecards show the percentage of each brand’s collections that meet the production standards’ goals.
By going online and entering the Track & Trace label information, consumers can enter see who worked on bringing their clothes to life. The system tracks the entire process from materials harvest to sewing studio.
MADE-BY Track & Trace is the very first system to apply traceablity to the origin of clothes. Several online retailers are affiliates. There is a list on the MADE-BY site.
'MADE-BY Track & Trace' Garment Sleuthing System
1. Sustainable Fashion Tracking - Opportunity to develop tracking technologies and labeling systems for sustainable fashion production.
2. Transparency in Fashion Manufacturing - Opportunity to develop innovative solutions to increase transparency and accountability in fashion manufacturing.
3. Consumer Demand for Socially Responsible Fashion - Opportunity to capitalize on growing consumer demand for socially responsible and sustainable fashion.
1. Fashion - Opportunity to adopt sustainable fashion practices and develop innovative solutions to meet growing consumer demand.
2. Technology - Opportunity to develop tracking technologies and labeling systems to increase transparency in fashion manufacturing.
3. Sustainability - Opportunity to promote sustainable production practices and support sustainable fashion initiatives.