At New York Fashion Week, Rebecca Minkoff debuted a new collection of sustainable fashion for kids called Little Minkoff. Every aspect of the unisex clothing boasts eco-friendly features and the designs go far beyond just using mindfully chosen materials.
In partnership with Rebecca Minkoff, Resonance Companies created an inventory system that minimizes waste by only producing garments after an order for an item has been placed. As the brand outlines on its site, "No piece of clothing gets made until you click purchase." As a result, the brand doesn't create products in big batches, conserving not just fabrics but also water and ink.
Notably, all of the materials used to make Little Minoff garments like jackets, shirts and dresses are natural, sustainable and biodegradable.
Image Credit: Rebecca Minkoff
Little Minkoff Uses the Blockchain & AI for Sustainable Fashion for Kids
1. Sustainable Fashion - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating eco-friendly clothing and reducing waste in the fashion industry.
2. On-demand Manufacturing - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in implementing inventory systems that only produce garments after an order is placed, minimizing waste and resources.
3. Blockchain & AI in Fashion - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in leveraging blockchain and AI technology to create transparent and sustainable fashion supply chains.
1. Fashion - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry by incorporating sustainable practices and technologies.
2. Manufacturing - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the manufacturing industry through on-demand production and resource optimization.
3. Technology - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the technology industry by leveraging blockchain and AI to improve sustainability in fashion.