An explosion of sharp architectural cuts and origami-like folded styles are featured in this Surface Asia #7 editorial called 'Exposure.' The shoot features model J Ryan Karsten and is photographed by Luki.
This editorial in Surface Asia #7 is all about contrasting textures and tailoring, combining items like a luxe brocade blazer with a simple button-up shirt, a plastic-looking red harness overtop a sleek all-black ensemble and brassy tubing with a fringed sleeve top and printed silk pants. The cuts and tailoring are magnificent, with one jacket offering an exaggerated collar and a ruffled cape-like look, and a pair of trousers designed with an out-to-there silhouette.
This fantastic photography set showcases incredible styling by Andhika Dharmapermana and grooming by Bunlay.
J Ryan Karsten Appears in 'Exposure' for Surface Asia #7
1. Architectural Menswear - The trend of incorporating sharp architectural cuts, exaggerated collars and out-to-there silhouettes in men's fashion offers innovation opportunities in designing unconventional and eye-catching clothing items.
2. Origami-inspired Fashion - Designers can explore innovative ways of incorporating origami-inspired folding techniques into clothing items, creating an interesting mix of structure and flow for both male and female styles.
3. Contrast Textures and Tailoring - Combining contrasting textures and tailoring in fashion can add depth, visual interest, and transform simple clothing items into unique pieces, suitable for high-end fashion and everyday wear alike.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can take advantage of the trend of Architectural Menswear, Origami-Inspired Fashion, and Contrast Textures and Tailoring to create innovative clothing designs and stand out from the competition while appealing to a large customer base.
2. Photography - Photography studios can work with fashion designers to showcase the unique and eye-catching designs resulting from the trend of Architectural Menswear, Origami-Inspired Fashion, and Contrast Textures and Tailoring, identifying new and creative ways of presenting models and highlighting photographic skills.
3. Modeling - Models can showcase the versatility and originality of clothing items resulting from the trend of Architectural Menswear, Origami-Inspired Fashion, and Contrast Textures and Tailoring, making them the perfect candidates for high-end fashion and advertising campaigns.