IBM Research has developed a spectacularly high-tech supercomputing system, based on a special neurosynaptic chip called the IBM TrueNorth, that is capable of processing the equivalent of 4 billion brain synapses and 16 million neurons whilst using up only 2.5 watts of power.
By imitating the workings of the brain, the supercomputing platform is able to function in a highly efficient manner that enables the significant saving of power resources.
This neurosynaptic supercomputing platform is a fine example of technology inspired by the wonders of biology and nature, and could be used in conjunction with machine intelligence initiatives to boost a wide variety of military and national security projects. Specifically, the system could be used to analyze machine learning and deep learning programs with the end goal of improving cyber security in a reliable manner.
This Supercomputing Platform Was Developed By IBM
1. Brain-inspired Computing - Opportunity to develop new computing systems that mimic the workings of the human brain to improve efficiency and save power resources.
2. Neurosynaptic Chips - Potential for the development of neurosynaptic chips that are capable of processing large amounts of data while using minimal power resources.
3. Machine Learning for Cybersecurity - Trend towards using machine learning and deep learning programs to improve cybersecurity accuracy and reliability.
1. Technology - Technology companies have the opportunity to develop new computing systems using brain-inspired technology.
2. Defense - Opportunity for the defense industry to develop advanced technology platforms for military and national security projects.
3. Cybersecurity - Potential for the cybersecurity industry to improve accuracy and reliability through the use of machine learning and deep learning programs.