Chef Dana Rodriguez has been involved in the Denver culinary scene for almost two decades and her newest restaurant, Super Mega Bien, hopes to encompass all her experiences as a Mexican immigrant with a passion for Latin American food. This new eatery will be Rodriguez's second after opening Work & Class in 2014. While Work & Class served up American food with Mexican influences, Super Mega Bien draws inspiration from Brazil, Peru and all across Latin America while also incorporating elements of dim sum service.
The majority of dishes at Super Mega Bien arrive at tables on brightly colored carts and include dishes like shrimp and octopus tostadas, delicate molotes and black-bean pupusas topped with quail eggs. These small pan-Latin American plates are bolstered with large format dishes, like mofongo and mixiote, all of which are meant to be shared.
Image Credit: Ryan Dearth, Mark Antonation
Super Mega Bien Draws Influence From Across South America and Dim Sum
1. Pan-latin American Cuisine - The trend of Pan-Latin American cuisine offers an opportunity for innovative fusion dishes that combine flavors and techniques from across South America.
2. Dim Sum Influenced Service - Incorporating elements of dim sum service into Latin American eateries creates a unique dining experience and opens up possibilities for interactive and communal dining.
3. Sharing Plates - The rise of small plates and sharing-style dining provides an opportunity for creating diverse and interactive menus that encourage communal dining experiences.
1. Restaurant and Food Service - The restaurant and food service industry can tap into the trend of Pan-Latin American cuisine by offering innovative fusion dishes and incorporating elements of dim sum service.
2. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can benefit from the trend of Pan-Latin American eateries by creating unique dining experiences that attract customers looking for communal and interactive dining.
3. Food and Beverage Suppliers - Food and beverage suppliers can capitalize on the rise of sharing plates by providing a diverse range of ingredients and products to cater to the demand for communal dining experiences.