Cadillac is currently adding a number of new features to its Super Cruise system, which was designed to help drivers. The most notable new feature is automated lance changing capabilities. Automated lane changes can only be done under certain conditions when the driver fully latches the turn signal. The Super Cruise system will also inform a driver if it is able to change lance, or if the lane change needs to be done manually.
The new capabilities will operate using LiDAR mapping, as well as GPS, a radar system, and cameras. The system will compile information from the sensors to determine if a safe lane change can be accomplished.
Other new Super Cruise features include more detailed mapping displays, as well as enhanced speed and steering control software.
Image Credit: Cadillac
Cadillac Added a Number of New Features to Its Super Cruise System
1. Automated Lane Changes - The integration of automated lane changes in automotive technology presents an opportunity for software and mapping companies to offer improved solutions that optimize driver comfort and safety.
2. Lidar Mapping Technology - The use of LiDAR mapping technology in the automotive industry represents an opportunity for companies to create mapping solutions that enhance transportation safety and efficiency.
3. Advanced Driver Assistance Systems - The development of advanced driver assistance systems, such as Cadillac's Super Cruise, presents an opportunity for automakers to create safer and more efficient vehicles.
1. Automotive Industry - The incorporation of advanced driver assistance systems, automated lane changes, and LiDAR mapping technology in the automotive industry presents the potential for significant growth and innovation.
2. Mapping and Navigation Industry - LiDAR mapping technology, which is used in the Super Cruise system, could be leveraged by developers in the mapping and navigation industry to create innovative solutions for transportation and logistics.
3. Software Industry - Software companies have an opportunity to develop advanced driver assistance systems and mapping solutions that enhance driver safety and comfort while optimizing vehicle performance.