The newest program from the Youth Empowered Action (YEA) Camp is not one for teens, but a summer camp for adults. In the same spirit as its youth programs, the camp for adults will focus on social justice activism.
The majority of YEA Camp's programs are only open to those under the age of 17, but founder Nora Kramer notes that "So many adults have told me over the years that they wish YEA Camp had been around to help them when they were younger." Now, adults who want to make a big impact on the world can sign up, get inspired and support other changemakers.
At the summer camp for adults—which will be held in July at the Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary in High Falls, NY—camp-goers will indulge in only plant-based meals and gain exposure to a range of important issues within everything from animal rights to racism and the LGBTQ community.
YEA Camp is Launching a Week-Long Summer Camp for Adults
1. Adult Activist Camps - Creating summer camps for adults focused on social justice activism.
2. Changemakers Support - Providing inspiration and support for adults who want to make a big impact on the world.
3. Diverse Issue Exposure - Offering exposure to a range of important social issues within a camp setting.
1. Education and Training - Opportunity for educational institutions to expand their offerings to include adult activist camps.
2. Hospitality and Tourism - Creating unique and socially conscious travel experiences for adults seeking a purpose-driven vacation.
3. Non-profit Organizations - Partnering with adult activist camps to further their mission and expand their reach.