Contemporary label KidSuper launches a retro streetwear campaign for its latest collection. The mode of presentation is exceptionally interesting. Dubbed 'Wedding Season,' the fashion campaign features a series of grainy photographs, as well as a quirky, short film-style video.
The promotional materials for KidSuper's streetwear campaign do not only highlight the label's latest offerings. 'Wedding Season' is essentially one big reference to the 2005 cult-favorite 'Wedding Crashers,' starring Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan. Given the overall silliness and popularity of the movie, KidSuper's humorous contemporary take on it will, without a doubt, gain popularity among fans.
Aside from the ultra-creative, pop culture-inspired approach to the streetwear campaign, the label's latest collection features cozy apparel, including accessories, underwear, and outerwear. In addition, most of the pieces are adorned with the art of KidSuper's founder — Colm Dillane.
KidSuper's Retro Lookbook Openly References Wedding Crashers
1. Wedding-inspired Streetwear - The fusion of wedding-inspired fashion and streetwear culture presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for fashion retailers.
2. Nostalgia Marketing - Applying nostalgia elements from pop culture films presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for modern marketing strategies.
3. Artist Collaborations - Partnering with indie artists to create unique collections attracts customers who prefer exclusive and limited-edition items.
1. Fashion - Fashion retailers can integrate street culture and nostalgic elements to produce an assortment of wedding-inspired streetwear for millennial consumers.
2. Entertainment - Production companies, especially those who specialize in pop culture films, can create marketing campaigns that stir up nostalgic emotions through memorable and iconic scenes, characters or quotes.
3. Art - Developing creative partnerships with independent artists can lead to limited-edition collections featuring exclusive artwork, which expands their customer base and boosts sales.