'POW! WOW! Long Beach' is an immersive week-long street art festival. Numerous contemporary artists participate by creating murals across the city. The festival features events throughout the week with the aim of involving a broader community in the arts.
Along with the street art perspective, POW! WOW! also incorporates other creatives by having concerts, live art installations, gallery shows, lectures, art and music schools and creative community spaces. People can cruise through Long Beach to see the works of art by following a map provided on the organization's website.
Events like POW! WOW! can give brands a better perspective of the creative community, while discovering what appeals to the Gen Y group. Companies are able to connect with a younger generation by sponsoring street art festivals or developing their own events. For example, Heineken Canada hosted 'City Canvas,' a successful street art party in Toronto targeted at Millennials.
POW! WOW! Long Beach is a Beautiful Art Festival for the Community
1. Immersive Art Festivals - Facilitating immersive art festivals that span a week and feature various creatives allows for a more engaged community and greater exposure for the artists.
2. Collaborating with Creative Communities - Brands can better understand the creative community and build relationships with Gen Y by sponsoring street art festivals or developing their own events.
3. Art and Music Enterprises - Incorporating music and art into enterprises and events allows for broader appeal and a more diverse audience.
1. Event Planning and Production - Opportunities to produce immersive, event-driven experiences and build relationships with local communities through events like POW! WOW!.
2. Non-profit Arts Organizations - Non-profit arts organizations can support, coordinate, and promote street art festivals while offering grants and other support to promote the arts.
3. Beverage and Alcoholic Brands - Opportunities to connect with Gen Y and a creative audience by sponsoring and creating immersive art events that feature alcoholic beverages.