Uk-based online food platform Sorted Food has partnered with Sloemotion Distillery to release its first spirit, 'Strawberry Gin Liqueur with Vanilla & Black Pepper.'
According to the company, to create the new gin liqueur, Sloemotion Distillery made use of its surplus stock of strawberry crops from the previous year and collected region-specific botanicals from its farm's hedgerows. For those interested, the new expression is being offered in a limited run and can be purchased directly from Sloemotion Distillery.
"Not only has it helped save much of last year's strawberry crop from going to waste, but it's the perfect drink to enjoy during an awesome summer of celebrations for the UK," said Ben Ebberell, co-founder of Sort Food.
Image Credit: Sloemotion Distillery
Sorted Food and Sloemotion Distillery Launch 'Strawberry Gin Liqueur'
1. Upcycled Spirits - Using surplus ingredients to create new unique spirits presents an opportunity for brands to differentiate themselves and reduce waste.
2. Farm-to-table Distilling - Collecting regional botanicals from farms aids in creating unique flavors and provides a marketing opportunity for craft distillers.
3. Limited Edition Collaborations - Collaborating with different brands creates novelty and exclusivity, enticing customers to purchase limited edition offerings.
1. Craft Distilling - Craft distillers can benefit from using unique ingredients and collaborating with other brands to differentiate themselves and create buzz.
2. Sustainable Food and Beverage - Sustainability is becoming increasingly important, and upcycling surplus ingredients can demonstrate a brand's commitment to reducing waste.
3. E-commerce Food Platforms - Partnering with craft distillers and offering exclusive products creates a point of differentiation and potentially increased revenue for e-commerce food platforms.