These fantastic portraits by artist Hendrik Kerstens take classic pictures and infuses them with strange items found around the house. In the paintings, the model wears these items around her neck and on her head, but remains completely somber the entire time.
The items used to mix up these classic style portraits include plastic bags, tea towels, doilies, toilet paper and lamp shades. The background, and the depicted women's clothes are black, so these items easily become the focus of these artworks.
Hendrik Kerstens is a creative artist who tries to blend elements of painting and photography in her works. These portraits injected with random items are definitely fun to look at. It's always interesting to see someone wearing a hat made entirely from bubble wrap.
These Classic Style Portraits Have Been Mixed with Strange Items
1. Mixed-media Portraits - Opportunity to combine traditional painting and photography with unconventional materials to create unique artworks.
2. Ordinary Object as Art - Opportunity to explore the artistic potential of everyday items and incorporate them into traditional art forms.
3. Unexpected Fashion Accessories - Opportunity to push the boundaries of fashion by incorporating unusual objects as accessories in a creative and thought-provoking way.
1. Art - Opportunity for artists to experiment with unconventional materials and techniques to create innovative and eye-catching artworks.
2. Fashion - Opportunity for fashion designers to think outside the box and incorporate unexpected elements into their designs.
3. Photography - Opportunity for photographers to explore new ways of capturing and showcasing their subjects by incorporating unusual objects into their compositions.