This store with a floating staircase succeeds to separate two distinctive sections of this upmarket retail outlet. The Hidden Fortress design studio of Berlin was hired to give Bazar Noir a contemporary look that would have the power to leave a lasting impression on all consumers who have entered it.
Comprising a main floor and a mezzanine, the homewares and furniture store features a section with very high ceilings, and another with very low ones. The former has a slick of matte black paint that renders the space almost cavelike; meanwhile, the loft is clad in lovely maritime pine, light-hued and detailed with broad wood grain patterns. These dramatic and contrasting architectural features are certainly distinguishing, but BN would generally be remembered as the store with a floating staircase. A full set of timber steps descend between thin walls, with the entire structure held in suspension, just one riser's height above the ground.
Store with a Floating Staircase Creates Enigmatic Balance Between Levels
1. Multi-level Retail Spaces - Opportunity to create unique shopping experiences with multiple levels and distinctive design features that create a memorable impression on consumers.
2. Floating Staircases in Architecture and Design - Opportunity to incorporate visually stunning floating staircases in architectural and interior design to create a focal point and enhance the aesthetic appeal of a space.
3. High-contrast Decor - Opportunity to use contrasting materials and colors in home decor and retail design to create a dynamic and visually striking environment.
1. Retail Design - Designers and architects can leverage innovative design features, such as mezzanines and floating staircases, to create compelling and memorable retail spaces.
2. Home Decor and Furniture - The use of high-contrast materials and design elements can help furniture and homeware brands create a distinctive brand aesthetic that stands out in a crowded market.
3. Architecture and Interior Design - Architects and interior designers can experiment with unique and visually striking design elements, such as floating staircases, to create one-of-a-kind buildings and spaces.