Stern Pinball has announced the launch of its newest collaborative pinball machine line, which aims to celebrate the iconic 'James Bond film series. The new 'James Bond 007' line will include four machines: a 'Pro Edition,' a 'Premium Edition,' 'Limited Edition (LE),' and a special 'James Bond 007 60th Anniversary Limited Edition.'
The cornerstone machine will feature imagery and visual motifs lifted directly from class James Bond films, including 'Dr. No, From Russia With Love (1963), Goldfinger (1964), Thunderball (1965), You Only Live Twice (1967), and Diamonds Are Forever (1971).'
“James Bond is as timeless as pinball. Partnering with EON Productions/Danjaq, MGM Studios and Aston Martin, we created a pinball adventure capturing the suspense, action, and humor from this beloved film series,” said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball.
Image Credit: Stern Pinball
Stern Pinball Launches Its 'James Bond 007' Pinball Line
1. James Bond Pinball Machines - The emergence of James Bond-themed pinball machines not only presents opportunities for the pinball machine industry to cater to nostalgia, but also provides an avenue for cross-brand collaborations between the entertainment and gaming industries.
2. Collaborative Pinball Machines - Collaborations between pinball machine companies and entertainment studios present an opportunity for the gaming and entertainment industries to reach a wider audience and monetize off their already established brands and fan bases.
3. Nostalgia-fueled Gaming Machines - The success of the James Bond pinball machine line introduces the possibility of other nostalgic pop-culture franchises being turned into arcade games, which could blur the lines between age groups and create new markets for both gaming and entertainment industries.
1. Pinball Machine Industry - The pinball machine industry has an opportunity to partner and collaborate with other entertainment and gaming industries to diversify its offerings and stay relevant in a constantly evolving market.
2. Entertainment Industry - The entertainment industry can leverage the loyal fan bases and nostalgia-driven markets of classic franchises to monetize off of unique merchandise and arcade collaborations.
3. Gaming Machine Industry - The gaming machine industry can explore new avenues of popular culture, such as classic franchises, to create marketable and profitable arcade games that appeal to a wider demographic.