It’s no secret that Mad Men will come to an abrupt unfortunate end soon, but with still a multitude of episodes to keep viewers entrenched in the happenings of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce, there’s still a flurry of graphical interpretations to be found on the web to keep fans of the series satisfied for a long time.
Shutterstock’s designers took objects that best represented the characters of the series and paired those with their 21st century equivalent that fans of the series would understand. Don Draper was usually accompanied by easels and papers, which he would carry around in his in his briefcase; his modern-day presentation tools would be the equivalent of cloud computing. Joan Harris’ notepad is her weapon for dominance and order, so it just only seems appropriate that an iPad would be her 21st century tool of reckoning.
With AMC’s series about to come to a close, entertaining quirks such as this would ease the feeling of loss of a beloved series.
The People of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Get a 21st Century Remake
1. TV Symbolism Illustrations - Graphic interpretations of TV characters and their 21st-century equivalents are a popular trend.
2. Web-based Fan Satisfaction - Graphic interpretations of TV characters provide fans with a long-lasting source of satisfaction.
3. Nostalgia Marketing - Reimagining classic TV characters in modern contexts is a disruptive innovation opportunity for marketers.
1. Design - Graphic designers can create illustrations that capture the essence of TV characters.
2. Entertainment - Entertainment companies can capitalize on fan nostalgia by producing unique and interactive content.
3. Marketing - Brands can use nostalgia marketing to connect with audiences through familiar TV characters.