You might think that you're looking at a cast iron container, when really, this poised object is a steel vessel, produced using 3D printing technology. Created for OTHR by Phillipe Malouin, the Connection Vessel embodies the minimalist tradition of precision modern manufacturing, executed with a contemporary twist.
Steel vessels such as this provide a perfect way to conceal small clusters of clutter around the home or office, leaving you with the look of a curated decorative display. Within the same line is a perfectly semi-spherical bowl with a planar support, enabling you to prop it on-end to function as a small sculpture.
Designers have long been making beautiful objects to hide trinkets around the house, yet it's designs like this that demonstrate the consumer's and the creative's interest in uniting styles and celebrating materials from across space and time.
This Elegant Steel Vessel Melds Old Manufacturing Aesthetics with New Form
1. 3D Printing in Manufacturing - The use of 3D printing technology in manufacturing processes opens up new opportunities for creating unique and personalized products.
2. Minimalist Design - The minimalist design trend in home decor and office spaces continues to be popular, with a focus on sleek and functional objects.
3. Combining Traditional and Contemporary - The trend of combining traditional manufacturing aesthetics with modern design and technology creates unique and visually striking products.
1. Home Decor - The home decor industry can leverage the trend of minimalist design and innovative materials to create stylish and functional products for consumers.
2. Office Supplies - The office supplies industry can explore the use of 3D printing technology to create innovative and customizable storage solutions.
3. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing industry can embrace the trend of combining traditional and contemporary design to produce visually striking and unique furniture pieces.