The conceptual 'Steam Manager' has been designed by Jiheon Song as an elegant appliance for the home that will work to provide a dual-purpose functionality that will be appreciated by inhabitants.
The appliance functions as an air purifier on a regular basis to remove contaminants from the environment to keep the home smelling fresh. Sliding the internal section upward will reveal a hanger for positioning a garment before pushing it back in; activating the steam cleaning functionality will refresh the item and release wrinkles to make it ready for wear quite quickly.
The conceptual 'Steam Manager' is the winner of an array of prizes including the Korea Design Exhibition Award Special Prize and the International Busan Design Award, and was a finalist at the D2B Design Fair.
Image Credit: Yanko Design
The Conceptual 'Steam Manager' Cleans Clothing and the Air
1. Air-purifying Clothing Cleaners - The trend of integrating air purification technology into clothing cleaners presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the home appliance industry.
2. Dual-purpose Appliances - The trend of creating appliances with dual-purpose functionality opens up disruptive innovation opportunities for designers and manufacturers in the home appliance industry.
3. Steam Cleaning - The trend of incorporating steam cleaning capabilities into appliances like the 'Steam Manager' provides opportunities for disruptive innovation in the garment care industry.
1. Home Appliance - The home appliance industry can explore the integration of air purifiers into clothing cleaners, like the conceptual 'Steam Manager', to offer consumers a more efficient and multi-functional solution.
2. Garment Care - The garment care industry has an opportunity to innovate by developing steam cleaning technologies for quick and hassle-free clothing maintenance.
3. Design - The design industry can embrace dual-purpose functionality in appliances, like the 'Steam Manager', to create stylish and functional products for the modern home.