On a hot summer's day, few things are as refreshing as an iced coffee, but those looking for a slightly upgraded experience should be drawn to Starbucks' new offerings -- Salted Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew And Iced Vanilla Bean Coconutmilk Latte.
Perfect for the thirsty consumer on the go, these drinks are sure to help kick-start one's morning, or serve as a mid-day pick-me-up. The Salted Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew is both creamy with notes of caramel and vanilla. The drinks is topped with a new sweet-and-salty foam formula. The Iced Vanilla Bean Coconutmilk Latte features "smokey undertones" while also containing coconut milk and espresso shots, making for a sweet, caffeinated alternative to a hot cup of coffee.
Starbucks New Offerings are Perfect for Cooling Off This Summer
1. Salty Cold Brew - Opportunity for innovative coffee shops to create their own salty and sweet cold brew combinations to stand out in a crowded marketplace.
2. Non-dairy Alternatives - Opportunity for established coffee shops and startups to experiment with unique non-dairy options to cater to the growing demand for vegan and lactose intolerant consumers.
3. Sweet and Salty Combos - Opportunity for food industry to explore the popularity of sweet and salty flavor combinations in beverages, creating new menu items that appeal to consumers' taste buds.
1. Coffee Shops - By offering unique and varied flavor combinations for cold brew coffee consumers, coffee shops could entice more regular customers from Starbucks and other large coffee chains.
2. Non-dairy Beverages - As the trend for non-dairy beverages continues to grow, the demand for innovative combinations of these ingredients will create opportunities for entrepreneurs to establish specialty non-dairy beverage brands.
3. Food Industry - In response to rising demand from consumers for sweet and salty flavor profiles and combinations, the food industry can use this trend to create new dessert or snack items, inspiring their R&D departments to create more innovative food products.