We are in a fast-paced world, making everything we do make our lives seem to pass at the speed of light.
In Japan, people watch TV and read short novels on their cell phones as they commute, making the most of every minute they can for leisure. Some companies started to holding meetings standing up as not to waste time on non-important issues.
Lunches are the same, making standing a bad manner of the past; there are standing bars, cafes, noodle shops. Now there is even a chain of standing sushi bars called Uogashi Nihon-Ichi where you can complete your lunch in 5-6 minutes. It tastes great and saves customers time, and for the retailers, it's provides great customer turnover.
It always amazing me what Japan comes up with in terms of business culture. There are currently 18 standing sushi locations in Japan which sell sushi at 75 cents per piece!
Flickr Credit: Raelene G
1. Fast-paced Dining - The trend of fast-paced dining offers opportunities for standing sushi bars to cater to busy professionals who want a quick and efficient lunch experience.
2. Time-saving Concepts - The rise of time-saving concepts in dining, like the 5 minute standing sushi bars, presents opportunities for other industries to create innovative and efficient customer experiences.
3. On-the-go Leisure - The trend of on-the-go leisure in Japan, such as watching TV and reading on cell phones during commutes, creates a demand for quick and convenient dining options like standing sushi bars.
1. Restaurant Industry - The restaurant industry can explore incorporating standing sushi bars or other fast-paced dining concepts to cater to time-sensitive customers.
2. Technology Industry - The technology industry can develop mobile apps or digital platforms that enable customers to quickly order and pay for their meals at standing sushi bars or similar establishments.
3. Hospitality Industry - The hospitality industry can offer standing sushi bars as part of their hotel or event services, providing guests with a unique and time-efficient dining experience.