While lots of adults are choosing to utilize standing desks to improve their health, the College Station Independent School Board recently instituted standing desks for kids in some of their schools. Three elementary schools in Texas participated in research performed by Mark Benden, an associate professor at A & M. His study proved the young students burned 15% more calories and had an increased attention span. Therefore, standing desks for kids could be used to combat childhood obesity.
In addition to instituting these standing desks, each of the 480 students wore an arm sensor that measured step count and calorie expenditure during the week. The desks from Stand2Learn were contrasted to traditional sitting desks in this research experiment.
Research Shows Standing Desks For Kids Could Cure Childhood Obesity
1. Standing Desks for Kids - The use of standing desks in schools shows that children benefit from more physical activity and increased attention spans.
2. Active Education - Introducing more physical activity into schools through standing desks could minimize the negative impacts of sedentary lifestyles and improve educational outcomes.
3. Health Tech in Education - Implementing wearable devices in schools to monitor physical activity could provide valuable health data for students, teachers, and parents.
1. Education - The education sector can make use of standing desks to contribute to the well-being of children and improve academic performance.
2. Furniture - The furniture industry can design innovative and ergonomic standing desks specifically for children to accommodate the needs of active learners.
3. Wearables - Wearable device manufacturers could explore opportunities to access the education sector by developing activity trackers for school children.