LAVA and Wenzel + Wenzel, two German architecture and design studios, collaborated to create this sports youth hostel in Bayreuth, Germany. The building employs a three-pronged Y-shape that maximizes the interplay between interior and exterior space, making it an ideal place to stay for young people who enjoying outdoor activities.
The sports youth hostel features two separate areas for activities. One of those is a ball sports court with enough space for a full game of soccer as well as a basketball court running widthwise along one end. The other is a more freeing flowing area that includes a small skate park.
One of the other benefits of the building's shape is the convergence of the three arms. That area is devoted to a central atrium where guests can collect and intermingle, improving the culture and community of the hostel.
Image Credit: Häfele, Studio Huber, LAVA
This Sports Youth Hostel in Bayreuth, Germany has Two Activity Fields
1. Sports-themed Hospitality - There is an opportunity to create sports-themed hostels that cater to young people who enjoy outdoor activities and create a sense of community.
2. Maximizing Interior-exterior Interplay - Designing buildings with a Y-shaped layout can offer opportunities to optimize the interaction between indoor and outdoor spaces, enhancing the overall guest experience.
3. Youth-focused Multi-activity Centers - Developing multi-activity centers within hostels can attract young guests looking for a variety of sports and recreational options in one location.
1. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can explore the concept of sports-themed hostels to attract young travelers seeking unique experiences.
2. Architecture and Design - Architects and designers can leverage the Y-shaped layout concept to create innovative, multi-functional spaces that enhance the interaction between interior and exterior areas.
3. Sports and Recreation - Sports and recreation industries can collaborate with hostels to create on-site multi-activity centers that cater to the interests of young adventurers.