Situated at the heart of the athletes' village for the Toronto 2015 Pan Am Games is a sports exhibition focusing on the cross-section of design, technology and fashion. Smarter. Faster. Tougher is a carefully curated exhibition on sports, fashion and tech presented and commissioned by PANAMANIA in collaboration with the Design Exchange. From July 8th to October 12th, guests can come to the Distillery District to see how technology and design affect sportswear, from 3D printed swimsuits to wearable shirts.
Curated by OCAD University Professor of Digital Futures Marie O'Mahony, the sports exhibition consists of four interactive sections surrounding performance, fashion, nature and ethnography. This includes looks and equipment from brands such as Speedo, Tommy Hilfiger, Rip Curl and Umbro. An additional fifth zone also exists where visitors can explore the textiles and technologies behind the athletic products.
Sports Exhibition Smarter. Faster. Tougher. Looks at Fashion and Tech
1. Sports-tech-fashion Integration - The trend of integrating technology and fashion in sports exhibiting opportunities disruptive innovation to create smart and stylish athletic wear.
2. Interactive Sports Exhibitions - The growing trend of interactive sports exhibitions opens opportunities for disrupting traditional sports advertising by creating immersive and engaging experiences.
3. Sustainable Athleisure - The trend towards sustainable textiles in athletic wear and footwear creates opportunities for disrupting the athletic fashion industry while promoting eco-friendliness.
1. Sports Apparel Industry - The sports apparel industry can seize the opportunity to integrate technology in designs, offer interactive exhibitions and utilize sustainable materials to create smart and eco-friendly sports fashion.
2. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can benefit from integrating technology and athletic features in their collections, opening new avenues for innovation in both the sports-tech and high fashion sector.
3. Sporting Events Industry - Sporting events can enhance experiential marketing for athletes and enthusiasts by creating immersive sports exhibitions that promote smart athletic wear and eco-conscious materials.