Geek girls now have a new item to add to their accessories drawer in the form of the Space Invaders pendant. This pendant was created by South African jewelry maker Rolf Werndle, owner and proprietor of the Etsy store DukeDutch. The Space Invaders pendant is made from sterling silver and comes in a variety of colors (nine in total).
The Space Invaders pendant is certainly not the first piece of jewelry inspired by the retro arcade game. The classic title has led to the creation of accessories for men and women, including cufflinks and earrings. Like the Space Invaders pendant, many of these pieces of jewelry were created by Etsy merchants who are feeding a growing need for video game-inspired accessories. The pendants are available now and sell for $35 apiece.
The Space Invaders Pendant is for Geeky Fashionistas
1. Video Game-inspired Jewelry - The rising trend of creating video game-inspired jewelry provides disruption opportunities for entrepreneurs to launch their own unique and creative pieces of jewelry.
2. Geek/nerd Culture Fashion - The growing popularity of geek culture provides opportunities for entrepreneurs to leverage it and cater to a niche demographic with unique and interesting fashion items.
3. Retro-style Jewelry - The trend of retro-style jewelry allows entrepreneurs to capitalize on nostalgia and create fashionable pieces that harken back to the past while still being relevant to modern fashion trends.
1. Jewelry Making - Entrepreneurs in the jewelry-making industry can leverage the growing trend of creating video game-inspired jewelry to appeal to a niche demographic.
2. Fashion - Entrepreneurs in the fashion industry can capitalize on the growing popularity of geek culture by creating unique and interesting fashion items for a niche market.
3. E-commerce - Entrepreneurs in the e-commerce industry can capitalize on the trend of retro-style jewelry by creating an online platform that offers a curated selection of fashionable pieces from various independent designers and makers.