Taking a sound bath is a practice that is purported to relax the mind and body, helping to reduce stress and anxiety with everything from musical performances and chanting to drumming, singing bowls and tuning forks. This ancient method of healing is best known for its ability to impart calm and settle an overstimulated nervous system.
Bompas & Parr and art auctioneer Christie's are now teaming up to offer a wellness-focused 'Seismic Sound Bath' event, in which guests will be invited to enter a "meditative and metaphysical interaction that is coupled with elements of performance art."
The experience will begin in the "rumbling room," which will offer sounds at a frequency below that what a human can hear. Other experiences will include tuning forks, gongs and singing bowls to help recalibrate guests' emotions and senses.
Bompas & Parr and Christie's Restorative Experience Heals Through Sound
1. Branded Sound Baths - Companies collaborating to offer unique sound bath experiences to consumers for wellness and relaxation purposes.
2. Seismic Sound Bath - Creating sound bath experiences that incorporate performance art and metaphysical interactions for a multi-sensory experience.
3. Holistic Healing with Sound - Using ancient healing practices like sound baths to promote mental and physical wellness in a modern context.
1. Wellness - Integrating sound bath experiences into wellness offerings for spas, retreats, and other related businesses.
2. Art - Incorporating sound baths into art exhibitions and auctions to create a unique sensory experience for visitors and participants.
3. Entertainment - Incorporating sound baths into entertainment events such as music festivals and concerts to offer a unique and unforgettable experience for attendees.