Sonos is introducing a new voice assistant service in the upcoming weeks. The voice functionality will allow customers to play and control music on Sonos’ home audio platform.
The software update will become available to US residents on June 1, with an international release following shortly after. Serving as competition for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, all Sonos products updated to the company’s S2 software will support Sonos Voice Control.
‘Sonos Voice’ will work with Apple Music, Amazon Music, Pandora, Deezer, and Sonos Radio. The feature will not store user audio commands or relay them to the cloud for processing, making the voice feature ideal for those concerned with privacy.
More information about the ‘Sonos Voice’ feature is expected to come soon.
Image Credit: Alex Castro, The Verge
Sonos Is Integrating a New Voice Control Feature to its Platform
1. Increased Use of Voice Control - As more companies integrate voice control features into their products, there is an opportunity for businesses to create innovative services and products to work with these platforms.
2. Growing Integration of Smart Home Technologies - With Sonos integrating voice control into its audio platform, there is potential for disruption in industries such as home automation and security, as well as opportunities for new products and services integrating with these platforms.
3. Privacy-focused Technologies - As more consumers become concerned with privacy and data security, there is an opportunity for businesses to develop technologies and products that prioritize these concerns, such as the voice control feature of Sonos that does not store user audio commands or relay them to the cloud for processing.
1. Audio Technology - There is potential for audio technology companies to innovate by integrating voice control into their products, or developing new products that work with voice-controlled platforms like Sonos.
2. Smart Home - As Sonos integrates with smart home technologies, there is an opportunity for disruption in industries such as home automation and security, and for new services and products integrating with these platforms.
3. Privacy and Security - With the privacy-focused voice control feature of Sonos, there is potential for businesses to develop technologies and products that prioritize privacy and data security concerns, or for existing products and services to improve their privacy and security features.