Sonos recently announced the introduction of its newest home theatre subwoofer dubbed the ‘Sub Mini.’ The subwoofer weighs 14 pounds, which is half of the size of the original 36.3-pound ‘Sub.’ The speaker is 12 inches in height and has a 9.1-inch diameter that is significantly smaller than the first edition, meaning the subwoofer now has a recommended use case. The ‘Sub Mini’ can be used in larger rooms, but the company suggests that small-to-medium sized rooms would be ideal for sound quality that fills the space.
“Sub Mini is also recommended for smaller bookshelf speakers powered by Amp,” Sonos says in its website FAQ. The subwoofer is also compatible with Sonos’ single or stereo ‘Sonos One’ speakers or the Ikea ‘Symfonisk’ line. Consumers who are interested in a cheaper subwoofer that is suitable for smaller spaces can look to the ‘Sub Mini’ as a solution.
Image Credit: Sonos
Sonos Announces a Cheaper and Smaller Subwoofer Called the 'Sub Mini'
1. Smaller Home Theater Subwoofers - As technology and design advancements continue, there is an opportunity for companies in the audio industry to capitalize on the market demand for smaller and more affordable home theater subwoofers.
2. Compact Audio Solutions - The release of the 'Sub Mini' highlights the potential growth for companies exploring compact and portable audio solutions that cater to smaller living spaces and home theater setups.
3. Integration of Wireless Capabilities - As the 'Sub Mini' is compatible with Sonos and Ikea's wireless speaker lines, there is a growing trend for audio industry players to integrate wireless capabilities as standard features for their audio products.
1. Audio Equipment Manufacturing - There is potential for innovation in the audio equipment manufacturing industry to create smaller and more affordable home theater subwoofers, which can cater to the growing demand for compact and portable audio solutions.
2. Smart Home Automation - With the compatibility of the 'Sub Mini' with Sonos and Ikea's wireless speaker lines, there is growing innovation in the smart home automation industry to integrate audio products that work seamlessly with each other and other smart home devices.
3. Consumer Electronics Retail Industry - As the demand for wireless and compact audio solutions grows, there is an opportunity for the consumer electronics retail industry to capitalize on the market and stock innovative products that cater to consumer's needs.