Amazon has announced the launch of 'Alexa Game Control,' an all-new gaming tool that enables users to play video games by using their voice. The first game to implement the new technology will be 'Dead Island 2,' an action-adventure zombie game developed by Dambuster Studios.
Alexa Game Control offers gamers a completely hands-free tool for gaming that was designed to create more immersive experiences. As of right now, the new tool is currently in its beta stage and will only be available in North America. To use Alexa Game Control, players must have an Amazon or Prime account.
According to the company, the new voice activation tool was made using the same technology that powers Alexa's voice artificial intelligence.
Image Credit: Alexa
Amazon Launches Beta Version of 'Alexa Game Control'
1. Voice-activated Gaming - There is an opportunity for more video game developers to implement voice-activated gaming technology in their games.
2. Hands-free Gaming Experience - There is an opportunity to create more immersive gaming experiences by eliminating controllers and using voice-activated technology.
3. Integration of Voice Artificial Intelligence - There is an opportunity for more products to integrate voice artificial intelligence technology to enhance user experiences.
1. Gaming Industry - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for the gaming industry to create more immersive, voice-activated gaming experiences.
2. Artificial Intelligence Industry - There is an opportunity for the artificial intelligence industry to develop new products which integrate voice artificial intelligence technology, like Alexa Game Control.
3. Technology Industry - There is an opportunity for the technology industry to develop new voice-activated tools and devices for users to control various aspects of their lives hands-free.