An announcement today by chairwoman Nancy Sutley will confirm President Barack Obama's plans to bring back the solar White House. The government building has been equipped by solar panels in the past while President Carter was in office, but they were removed by Reagan, and currently three remain on-site, as installed by George Bush.
President Obama will begin his solar White House project in the spring, by planting panels to heat water and provide some electricity to the stately home.
Facebook: Solar on the White House
President Obama Brings Back the Solar White House
1. Solar Panel Installations - The trend of installing solar panels in government buildings presents an opportunity for businesses in the renewable energy sector.
2. Sustainable Infrastructure - The trend towards creating sustainable government buildings highlights the potential for innovation in eco-friendly construction materials and techniques.
3. Governmental Renewable Energy Initiatives - The trend of governments implementing renewable energy projects, such as the solar White House, creates opportunities for businesses in the clean energy industry.
1. Renewable Energy - The renewable energy industry can benefit from the increasing demand for solar panel installations in government buildings.
2. Construction - The construction industry can explore disruptive innovations in eco-friendly materials and construction techniques to meet the growing demand for sustainable government buildings.
3. Clean Energy - The clean energy industry can capitalize on governmental renewable energy initiatives by providing innovative solutions and technologies.