Design firm SOFTlab created this breathtaking flower canopy in honor of New York City's Galeria Melissa's 'We are Flowers' shoe collection. The canopy combines roughly 20,000 flowers into one technicolor floating masterpiece.
SOFTlab combined tens of thousands of colorful transparent flowers with a 4,000 lattice to create a suspending floral installation. The structure featured laser-cut acrylic and mylar that fastened the plastic flowers onto the mesh-like net. When natural daylight shone through the canopy, the flowers cast a whimsical chromatic pattern across the ground. From afar the thousands of flowers look like a rainbow coming through the ceiling. As the light changes throughout the day so would the shadows. The overall effect of the net creates an ever-changing experience for guests visiting the Galeria Melissa's 'We are Flowers' collection to enjoy.
Photo Credits: designboom, softlabnyc
SOFTlab Creates a Botanical Flower Installation for Galeria Melissa
1. Floral Installation Art - Designing floral art installations for various events and exhibitions using unconventional methods and materials.
2. Colorful Canopies - Creating colorful canopies using lattice work and transparent materials that cast shadows in unique, interesting ways.
3. Suspension Installations - Designing beautiful suspension installations to create a unique viewing experience for visitors while altering their perspective of the space.
1. Fashion - Creating floral installations for fashion shows and displays that incorporate the brand’s design values and vision in a new way.
2. Architecture - Collaborating with architects and designers to incorporate floral installations in building designs or for special events.
3. Event Planning - Incorporating various floral installations in events to create a unique, unforgettable experience for attendees.