Charities have recognized the popularity of contemporary communication platforms and work with various partners—including brands and influencers—to drive social media donations. Now, Instagram is making this process easier and more streamlined with the introduction of its new 'donation sticker' for stories.
This feature is innovative as it does not take you away from the platform. To demonstrate the new social media donation button, Instagram enlisted celebrities like Julia Roberts, Miley Cyrus, Pharrell Williams, and more. The 'donation sticker' can be found in the special effects menu and the platform suggests registered charities or you can pick your own. Those who choose to contribute to the cause can tap the button and a pop-up will appear that provides a short bio for the organization and different dollar amounts—from $5 to $2,500 per transaction. In order to give, you need to register once as a donor.
Image Credit: Instagram
Instagram Makes It Easier to Give to Charity with a New Sticker
1. Social Media Donations - The trend of utilizing social media platforms for facilitating donations to charities.
2. Streamlined Giving Process - The trend of simplifying the process of donating to charities through social media platforms.
3. Celebrities as Advocates - The trend of leveraging celebrity influence to promote charitable giving on social media.
1. Nonprofit Organizations - The industry of charitable organizations utilizing social media for collecting donations more efficiently.
2. Social Media Platforms - The industry of online platforms developing features to facilitate streamlined giving to charities.
3. Influencer Marketing - The industry of influencers partnering with charities and brands to promote social media donations.